Review: The perfect red lipstick (Shiseido Perfect Rouge)

After ages of looking for the perfect red lipstick, I finally found one! It's been a long journey, and I'm glad I found the right lippy for me: Shiseido Perfect Rouge, colour RD 415. 


When I'm buying a new makeup product, I like to take my time and really enjoy the journey. Especially with a beautiful lipstick. I try it on, view the colour on my lips and with my skin and leave it on for a while to see how long it lasts. The lady from Shiseido has helped me perfectly. I'm really satisfied about the quality of the service.

The lady gave me good advice about the colour and she told me something about Shiseido. You could really tell she was enthusiastic about the brand and I like to see that in a salesperson. I mean, she ís selling the product. If she's not enthusiastic, why should I be? 
The colour she recommended was the same colour the model's wearing in the advertisement.

This is the lipstick in normal daylight. It's a red colour with a slightly blue undertone. These colours match my skin best. Plus they make your teeth whiter! 

A swatch of the lipstick.

I took the pictures below in bright daylight, but when I look at it now, I think it was better if I hadn't. But that's a learning point for the future :) 

Without anything on my lips. 

With the Shiseido lipstick.

And again. I love the colour! On the pictures I'm only wearing the lipstick, no lip pencil or whatsoever. 


A picture in normal daylight. As you can see, the colour is quite intense. 

I'm more than happy with this new purchase! The colour is beautiful. It matches my skintone and it makes my teeth whiter. I love to wear bright lipsticks and red is definitely my favourite. So I don't mind investing in a good lipstick. 
About the lipstick: it's very pigmented, but you get the best result if you build it up. My lips are quite pigmented so I'm used to building up lipstick. The staying power is not amazing. It lasted for about 3 hours. And I have to say that I didn't use any lip pencil and/or concealer. 
When I use a lip pencil, it stayed for about 4/5 hours, but I did talk a lot (I was working when I tried it with a lip pencil). Also, it depends per person how long a lipstick lasts, because on my lips they don't last very long.

A little summary
The pros
  • Beautiful, intense colour
  • Nice packaging
  • Feels really smooth on the lips, almost as if you aren't wearing anything
  • Hydrating
  • Easy to apply
  • Intensity of the colour is buildable
Extra pro
  • Perfect service when purchasing a Shiseido product
  • The luxury feeling of the product (and purchasing it)
The cons
  • The price is €25,55. If you don't want to invest in the lipstick, it's expensive.

I couldn't think of any more cons! I would definitely re-purchase this lipstick. I mentioned the staying power before, but I don't think this is a con, since red lipstick usually doesn't last long and especially on my lips. I think it would be unfair to mention this. 



What are your experiences with Shiseido? 
And have you found the perfect red lippy yet? 

59 comments :

  1. beautiful colour! im really scared to wear reds! haha but this is certainly beautiful. looks great on you as well :)
    hareem x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! At first I was too, but since a year or 2 I can't do without a red lippy in my stash! It's not that scary :) X

      Delete
  2. I;m terrified of reds! But your nails and the lipstick go really well together haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh that looks gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colour! Like your blog, what about following each other with GFC & Bloglovin?

    Have a nice day! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour!
    Check out the giveaway on my blog!

    xo.
    http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That color suits you well...I'm not sure if I could pull it off!
    I found you on Blog Hop on Bloggers Unite.
    Followed you; check me out-
    lovelyorganic(dot)blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need u to buy a red lipstick, thanks for the suggestion!
    Following u now.... Hope u'll follow me back!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing on u! I hope u will actually wear it!!!!!!

    - True

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doooooooo!! I'm a big lipstick addict lately! The brighter, the better

      X

      Delete
  9. This is a wonderful red! I always feel funny wearing red lipstick but i love it so! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. You looks pretty in the red color! Its very difficult to find our perfect shade of red i think and you've don e a great job!Do check my blog and I'd love it if we follow each other if you like?

    Love, Nyt
    Metajojuana under a Starry Nyt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very happy with the colour as well :)
      Love your blog!

      X

      Delete
  11. It looks amazing on you! I'm glad you've found the perfect red lipstick. :)

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! this is a great colour!! thanx for the review!!! i love shiseidos lipstics, got 3 of this brand )

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is GORGEOUS! It's a totally different shade of red than what I've got or go towards but it's beautiful! Shiseido is hard to come across here but if I ever see a counter I'm going to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous color! That looks like the perfect shade of red, I love it! I'm a new follower, I love if you checked out my blog and follow back if you'd like! xx
    Beauty by T

    ReplyDelete
  15. Found you via the BBU Blog Hop and followed!:) Looking forward to your posts!

    Check out my Covergirl Giveaway!
    http://raveorrant.blogspot.com/2012/08/thank-you-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. That color looks great against your skin tone! I've never bothered looking for the perfect red lipstick mostly because I don't know exactly what my undertones are...hm. I might do that now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can go to any makeup counter and ask for help! They'll be gladly to help you :)

      X

      Delete
  17. I absolutely love this color and it looks amazing on you! love xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the color! It looks good on you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, I just found your blog!! :)
    Such an interesting post, amazing lipstick!!
    Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog and follow if you like!!
    Kisses,
    Chiara

    Books in my bags
    BOOKS IN MY BAGS FAN PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your blog ** Could we follow each other? (:

    xoxo,,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE that color <3 it looks soo good on you!

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love shiseido stuff. that is a perfect shade of red. :) sal you look gorgeous! :)

    jasmine
    ADAM ❤ ALEX Mommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! Ah, thank you so much, Jasmine!!

      X

      Delete
  23. Beautiful colour! Now following you back :)
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  24. That lipstick is so beautiful! It's amazing how red they make your lips look.

    Adly | Gazillionth Thought Bubble

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for the comment and for joining my blog!!! I'm following your blog on GFC and Bloglovin.

    XO, Vera

    ReplyDelete
  26. love this lipstick!!! Now I gladly follow you via GFC and BLOGLOVIN! I'm on all these sites too!!! Follow me back if you like!!! We can follow each other!!! it would be a pleasure!!!
    TheSparklingCinnamon BLOGLOVIN
    THESPARKLINGCINNAMON <3
    JOIN ME ASO ON FACEBOOK IF YOU LIKE! TheSparklingCinnamon FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loved reading the lovely and sweet comments! Thanks dolls! I really appreciate it!! ♥ X

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sal! I've nominated u for the Liebster award! Take a look!

    http://itstrued.blogspot.nl/


    - True

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi dear, thank you so much for following me, I follow you on GFC and Bloglovin and I will follow you too on twitter anyhow congratulation for the Liebster award! xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. amazin blog! thanks for your comment :)

    yuup, i'm following you know ;)


    xoxo,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  31. that is such a pretty shade of red, I'm glad you finally found one :)

    Chioma
    C’s Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! It really works for you it looks absolutely stunning, I just recently bought Macs ruby woo I should've checked this before, I still will though :D and the packaging is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Arwa! I'm scared to try Ruby Woo. What if I like it? Then I have to add it to my red lippy stash, which has reached a big amount of lippies haha :( X

      Delete
  33. The color looks gorgeous on you xx

    thisishearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. This colour looks so sultry and gorgeous on you Sal! I'm really glad you're happy with the customer service you got at the Shiseido counter. Shiseido has some great products - I don't think I have tried any of their lipsticks but I've been trying out their Benefiance skincare line which is quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! I think service is even more important than the product. If the service is bad, you won't see me back. I haven't tried any of their skin products yet! The lady gave me some samples, but I haven't tried them yet. Maybe I should :) Thanks for your comment! X

      Delete
  35. wow, it looks perfect~!
    Thank you for your lovely comment in my blog, dear~! ) Yours is so nice and full of interesting ideas, so yes,
    I will be happy to join it immediately~! )
    waiting for you in mine - hope we will be friends :)
    Keep posting~! )


    Olga
    http://www.myblondegal.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olga! I love your blog too! :) X

      Delete
  36. STUNNING COLOR and soooo perfectly you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think a red lipstick is worth the investment.. This lippie has a pretty color indeed. Too bad for me, it probably wouldn't fit my skin tone. I'm warm-toned and red lipstick with blue undertones doesn't suit me at all..


    A Hint of Sunlight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! If your warmtoned, this lipstick is not for you, unfortunately. But there are many other that will suit your skin! I bet red will love fabulous on you :) X

      Delete
  38. You cant go wrong with red lippy!! lOVE IT!

    Check my blog out if you can

    whispersfromangels.blogspot.co.uk

    Love the blog-your new follower :)

    A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! For some it takes some courage, but red is THE perfect lip colour! :) X

      Delete
  39. Amazing Color!
    follow each other?
    http://secretsforfashion.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hey Lovely!
    Thanks so much for recommending me this lipstick, it's beautiful. I would say this is definitely the kind of "Red" I would be looking for!


    India - www.thejewelbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help, doll! I bet it'll look great with your light skin and light eyes :) X

      Delete
  41. I'm still looking for a red lipstick! This is pretty and it suits you! I'm looking for one that's more Matt x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try MAC! They have some beautiful red, matte shades :) Ruby woo is one of them, if I'm right. X

      Delete
  42. amazing color!
    I really like your blog, I´m following you :D
    ... maybe if you have time, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it, follow me back ;)
    Kisses!
    http://modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete

I bet you have something to say about this! Don't leave me hanging; share your thoughts! :)

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin